Elizabeth A. Rooney, Paralegal
(631)673-6670 Extension 124
Elizabeth is the paralegal of our firm. She assists attorneys in case investigation, production and management of documents, fraud investigation and background checks. She has assisted in trial preparation and assisted counsel during trials. She is trained in Concordance Litigation Management Software, Westlaw and Microsoft Excel.
Before joining Speyer & Perlberg, LLP, Elizabeth was a claims representative for Amica Mutual Insurance Company.
Representative Recent Cases:
- Defense of a $1.6 million dollar arson fire claim to insured restaurant in Garden City, New York.
- Defense of the designer of a circuit board used in an air conditioning system that had caused multiple fires in multiple locations in New York City and out of state.
- Action by buyer against seller of a wholesale meat distribution corporation for fraudulent concealment of facts in contract documents.
- Action by tenant against landlord of a commercial building asserting that the landlord's failure to provide basic services damaged the plaintiff's podiatry practice.
- Defense of sales manager of high tech software company in action for preliminary injunction to prevent him from taking contracts to a new employer in competition with the plaintiff.